We are very proud to inform you that the ChartGuide poster has been updated to version 4.0. This long awaited and big update introduces a new category, 19 new charts and 4 extra design tips.
We wanted to add geospatial visualizations to the poster, although they might not be named charts, they have to be on the poster to be complete. Next to the maps, we wanted to add some new charts, like the lollipop chart and the sorted stream graph. To make sure everything would fit on the poster, we needed redesign the total lay-out. Next to that we applied the less is more approach to all single chart icons.
The highlighted elements on the image below are the new additions to the poster. You see 19 new visualizations and 4 extra design tips. To make enough space to show all the new stuff, we merged the categories Correlation and Relation, and we placed the Chart “enhancements” in the Design a chart area of the poster.
- ChartGuide poster version 4.0 introduces a new category: Geospatial visualisations
- 10 other new charts have been added
- 4 new design tips have been added
- The category correlation is merged with relations.
- The “chart” categories are shown as icons, instead of text
- The overall poster design changed
- Many chart icons have a new “less is more” design